Enter your trips: Trip Diary
A lot of people like the idea of leaving their car at home and traveling to work another way, but they worry about being stranded without a car. “How will I get home if I have to work late? What if there’s an emergency in my family?”
Don’t worry, we’ll reimburse you up to $60 for the expense of taking a cab or renting a car to get home.
If you live or work in Monterey County and use an alternative mode of transportation to get to work at least once a week you are eligible to participate in the Emergency Guaranteed Ride Home program (EGRH). To register:
1. Download an application by clicking here.
2. Fill out Side One of the application form and have your Human Resoures Manager or employee transportation coordinator complete SideTwo.
3. Fax or mail it back to us.
4. We will follow-up and send your Human Resource Manager program materials.
If an eligible condition (described below) exists:
1. Call to arrange for a cab or rental car and go home. Ask for a receipt.
2. On your next working day, have your supervisor sign the EGRH reimbursement request form.
3. Return the EGRH reimbursement request form along with a copy of the receipt to Commute Alternatives.
4. Your reimbursement of up to $60 will be mailed to you within two weeks
Once registered you can useCommuteAlternatives’ Emergency Guaranteed Ride Home up to once a month under the following circumstances:- A serious problem arises at your child’s school or day care center.
- Your bicycle breaks down more than two miles from home.
You may NOT use the Emergency Guaranteed Ride Home for the following reasons:
- Personal errands
- Medical or dental appointments
- Business travel
- Job related injuries
- A natural disaster
- Missed ride home
- Other reasons that may be deemed invalid use of the program, as determined by the program administrator